Light Table is a new interactive IDE that lets you modify running programs and embed anything from websites to games. It provides the real time feedback we need to not only answer questions about our code, but to understand how our programs really work.
Light Table 是由 Microsoft Visual Studio 部门项目经理 Chris Granger 离职后用 clojure 和 css 开发的全新理念的 IDE，支持多种语言。Light Table是一个很简单的概念：我们需要真正的工作面板，不只是编辑器和项目管理器。我们可以把东西尽量整洁地堆在这里，需要的时候可以把资料直接拿出来看。
TextMate is a versatile plain text editor with a unique and innovative feature set which caused it to win an Apple Design Award for Best Mac OS X Developer Tool in August 2006.
A rapidly growing community have created modes for more than a hundred different “modes” including support for all major programming languages, writing prose in structured formats such as LaTeX, Markdown, Textile, etc., blogging, running SQL queries, writing screen plays, doing your budget, and much much more.
Some of the features include:
- collapsable text blocks – fold away the code you don´t want to see
- recordable macros – you don´t have to write a script to automate tedious work
- a-inspired selector system which allows preferences and more to be applied to subsets of your document – you want return to do something different inside comments? or maybe you want spell checking enabled for your strings in C++, both can be done in seconds.
- snippets with tab-able placeholders and live transformations on the text you enter
- column operations – if you align your code nicely TextMate will reward you with eased editing!
- superb shell integration – don´t worry if you are not familiar with bash, TextMate is here to teach you about all the wonders of the OS X UNIX underpinnings!
There is a gallery of screencasts showcasing more features at http://macromates.com/screencasts
TextWrangler is the powerful general purpose text editor, and Unix and server administrator’s tool. Oh, and also, like the best things in life, it’s free. TextWrangler is the “little brother” to BBEdit, a leading professional HTML and text editor.
- General Purpose Text Editor
- Programmer’s Text Editor
- Unix And Server Administrator’s Tool
- Powerful Text Transformer And Manipulator
- Good Mac OS Citizen
- Powerfully Useful Tool
- Product developed in the best traditions of Bare Bones Software, with high performance, ease of use, a rich feature set, and the ability to read its own release notes
Tincta is an elegant one-window text editor that is intuitive to use on personal tasks like writing blog posts, letters or grocery lists. But it also has all functionality you need for professional web design and programming.
- Syntax coloring for over 60 languages
- Live search with instant highlighting
- Reliable line numbering
- Preview in browser
- Vast text encoding support
- Show invisible characters
- Page guide
- Spell checker
- Convert line endings and tabs
Komodo Edit，应该算是一款老牌的代码编辑器了，免费的！基于屡获殊荣的Komodo IDE。 ActiveState的Komodo 创建开放代码库于2007，Komodo Edit可以在 Windows、Mac OS X 和 Linux 上运行，并支持多种编程语言，代码智能引擎非常可靠。赶快下载体验吧！
Komodo Edit is the free and Open-Source counterpart of Komodo IDE.Looking for a powerful editor without all the advanced functionality an IDE comes with? Komodo Edit is for you.
Kod offers a variety of features:
- Fully concurrent – loading files, syntax highlighting, etc is distributed across available CPU cores. Minimal waiting time.
- Integrated scripting environment based on Node.js.
- Written from scratch with modern OS X 10.6 APIs providing maximum OS integration while avoiding reinvention of the wheel.
- Sports a Chromium-like user interface where tabs can be torn off and moved between windows.
- Allows editing (although not saving, currently) remote files accessible over more…
Friase 是 Mac 系统中的一款免费的代码编辑器，功能也不错，有人说它是免费的Smultron（Smultron在App Store里要￥30）。界面也十分清新简洁， 我喜欢！希望大家也会喜欢它！
Fraise is a free text editor for Mac OS X Leopard 10.6 which is both easy to use and powerful. It is designed to neither confuse newcomers nor disappoint advanced users. It should work perfectly for a whole variety of needs – like Web programming, script editing, making a to do list and so on. Fraise has all open documents in a list with beautiful Quick Look icons to your left just like e.g. iTunes so you can easily switch between many documents – you can also choose to display them as tabs if you prefer it that way.
- Friase on Github：Friase